Monday, June 17, 2013

The late night ramblings of an insomniac...

prgrsvimg/th?id=H.4565817567871537&w=80&h=80&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=90"
I've been writing a lot about books lately and this one sticks out in my memory because of one particular part... theres this aunt in the book who is always sick and dying and the family members go to see her toward the end and one asks her, "Are you afraid of dying?" and she said, " I was... I was really afraid and then I just got so sick of being afraid that I stopped"...  this sticks out to me because for a long time I was soooooooooo afraid of dying and for no other reason other than I just thought of it and it terrified me...but now, its different... My mom passed away last year and my dad who was her primary caregiver through multiple different life threatening conditions was left utterly alone... he is soooooo lonely.... He is almost running to death because then he wouldn't be so alone... I know that sounds super depressing, but it takes away that fear that so much of us have for death... Now don't  get me wrong, hes not suicidal or anything, he just seems like hes ready for the Lord to take him and that fear is gone... He tells my sisters and me that he talks to my mom all the time and at one of the last visits she told him he didn't need to visit her as much because she was so euphoric where she was... I believe she is... she is with God and only happiness can abound... that's the thing about death... you go somewhere so wonderful and the people who are here are left alone... So what I guess this post is about.. is fear of the unknown is useless... fear of a job, a move, a decision, of death... it doesn't help... because we're all headed somewhere better...

No comments:

Post a Comment