Thursday, October 30, 2014

the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby...


Today's Pookapookapooka is dedicated to Cooper... he is the baaaaaaaby of the family... and today he is getting a procedure done to get the tartar off of his teeth... I have had Australian Terriers for the last 17 years... Cooper is my third one... (technically fourth, but one got hit by a car tragically out of my care when she was one...) and this dog has seriously got a hold of my heart... he is craaaaazy beyond crazy... whenever a fire truck goes by he howls like this..    
if you ask him, "Do you want to go outside?" He barks like crazy and runs to the door.... when you pet his face and then stop, he puts his head under your hand to be like,  "Uhhhh.. what? we're done?? no..."
As my three readers of this blog know, I had an Australian Terrier and she died of heart failure and I know it was because her teeth were so bad...I think the infection from her teeth traveled to her heart... she was 12 so it wasn't like she didnt' live a good life, but it could have been longer.. so now I am on top of these teeth... Brady had 4 teeth removed last summer because they were rotten and now Cooper is having this cleaning done to try to prevent that.. I told y'all about that documentary I watched, "One Nation Under Dog".. one of the quotes from it was the only thing wrong with having a dog is knowing his life will end before yours"... soooooooo true!!! "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers (actor)

No comments:

Post a Comment