Monday, December 30, 2013

Rumors of my death have been highly exaggerated....

No my loyal now 4 readers of this blog.... I am not dead.. I am alive... I have been hiding my head in shame because I downloaded all these cool photo apps for my phone and have taken NO pictures.... I suck.... it all started on Christmas Eve....
I went to a staff Christamass party on the 13th.... the hostess served these chocolate martinis... I could not indulge as I was driving... soooo... I had this great idea that I would serve the  chocolate martinis on Christmas Eve..... so I had it at my house... all was going well... not a meal... just appetizers.... sooo... I eat a little... have some wine.... Casey even brought her cute super nice boyfriend who she was sooooooooooo hesitant to meet me like I would embarrass her or something ( as if!!!) so all is merry and bright and then I bring out the chocolate martinis.... ok.... so after about (4?) I cannot string two letters together to make a word much less two words together to make a sentence.... so I gather up all my stamina and go into my bedroom and pass out.... now my faithful readers... I would love to tell you it ended there.... but alas no.... then I threw up all over my bed (this isn't me.. its here for effect) so my sisters come in... strip the bed down to the mattress.... throw out all my blankets and sheets and my new dress from Target...Xhilaration® Juniors Textured Shift Dress - Assorted Colors which was like this one.. but it was red plaid.. super cute... ruined!!!! sooooooo... they spray my room with all kinds of deoderizer and then light this candy apple candle to get rid of the smell.... I wake up at 3:00 AM. to the smell of this candle.... it was sooooooo bad... this candle is seriously like alcohol aversion therapy... every time I think about the candle, all of it comes back....... and the worst part?? it was such a lovely party.... I asked my hubsband at 3... "Did everyone have a good time?" He said yeah... you didn't pass out until 11 so everyone had a great time.... so the moral of the story is.... even though I had the party at my house.. I did NOT follow the rules of drinking...
1. DRINK WATER IN BETWEEN DRINKS
2. EAT FOOD
3. STOP AFTER 2 DRINKS

I was able to get up and make breakfast the next day and Christmas was not ruined.... and I have to remember what Confusius said....
"It is not in never failing that is our greatest strength... it is getting up after we fail"....

No comments:

Post a Comment