Monday, July 7, 2014

My wildly uneventful Fourth of July

Hey y'all... if you look at my fb page it seems that all my fb friends have a house on the lake, were shooting off park district caliber fireworks, were loving on their neighbors,friends, family, etc... all while drinking mint juleps and eating a smorgasbord of food over the fourth of July weekend....
Heres what my fourth of July weekend looked like....
ok... Friday... slept late as ushhh... went to Salvation Army... did GREAT!!! they were having a half off sale in which I got this...
 this mattress topper was 15. 06 brand new.. feather topper.. I put it on Jack's bed... loves it!!!! 
then we went to Jewel to get some stuff for dinner... ok.. now.. I had EVERY intention of eating outside,  then have a nice bonfire... but when we sat down to eat outside, the mosquitos were SO BAD we were in a full body heave the whole time... so we surrendered and went inside.. so then we spent the last hours of the 4th watching "Halt and Catch Fire" on AMC... Jack had to work until 10 so no fireworks... however... my neighbors shot off fireworks from 2pm til about 12 am... so don't worry... I had my fill....
the 4th of July is one of those holidays I hate... I know I know... y'all are like, "Suzanne.. you hate EVERY holiday!!!" I don't... really... but the 4th of July reminds me my birthday is over... wah wuh...and the fireworks??? ehhh... I could take em or leave em... mosquitoes!!!!
Saturday we actually LEFT THE HOUSE (victory!!!) and went to Buffalo Wild Wings 
 an actual date!!!  Sunday I went to Goodwill and found this: 
 for my bedroom... 35.00... but the real Goodwill story is this: 
 the necklace on the right (the green one) I got at a Lia Sophia party for 79.99.. thats alot right?? but the way the gal was wearing it in the catalog got me...
now.. the one on the left (the black one) same necklace in all black... 2.99 at Goodwill....wha wha whaaaaaaat????? I know!!!! so do I feel good about finding it for 2.99 or do I feel bad for spending 79.99 in the first place?? you decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment