Sunday, July 13, 2014

What is this song about???

Hey y'all... I've been in my car alot over this weekend and I've been hearing these songs that make me say, "WHAT did they just say?? Who is writing these songs???" I'll give you some examples:
1.Hands to Heaven by Breathe... this song came out in 1988... " Morning has come, another day, I must pack my bags and say goooooodbye... gooooodbyyyye".. ok.. this song was when guys had to really work for that one night stand... this was before the DTF Jersey Shore mentality of today... this guy is like, "so raise your hands to heaven and pray... that we'll be back together somedaaaaaay"... Translation: you'll never hear from me again unless I get herpes and I have to contact all my one night stands....

2. ok.. this song, "Young Girl"... I was at Goodwill (where else would I be???) and this song was on... I am listening to it saying to myself, " Who wrote this?? a pedophile??? the lyrics:
young girl get out of my mind.. you got me way out of line.. but your a young girl.. but you're too young girl"... Pedophiles must sing this song like, "yeah!! its that 8 year old's fault!!"

3. When I was little, I thought "Afternoon Delight" was about fireworks... thats what my dad told me... it wasn't until I was an adult that I realized it was about an afternoon quickie.... now you're going to be like, "you didn't know that??" but I was 5... so....

4.ok.. this song came out when I was a teenager... I had like NO IDEA that the sledgehammer was his... sledgehammer!!!

5. ok.... this was again, before the goth and alternative era... dust in the wind... this is about a murder/suicide... suicide/suicide right?? I think I thought it was about Romeo and Juliet but didnt' really make the connection that the song said we should both kill ourselves for love....

6. ok... now I am the first to admit... I have like NO IDEA what this song is about... my brother in law says he knows the whole song but it is obviously personal and I do not have any idea what he is really singing about.. not the " but I always thought that I'd see you again" part.. that I get.. but the part about the big machines breaking down... what???

7. ok... Rocket Man... what is this song about???? I like the song... its about being on the road away from your family?? Is that the whole thing???

8.Sweet Dreams... if I was confused after hearing the song.. watching the video didn't help... what is this song about???

9. ok... I may be biased because I HATE this song.. but "Walk like an Egyptian".. is this just supposed to be a stupid song or is it actually about something???
10.somebody's watching me.. Translation: I have schizophrenia....

11.Obsession.. " who do you want me to be to make you sleep with me".. Translation: I have stalked before and I'm really good at it...

12Baby I need your lovin... Again.. before it was so easy to get a one night stand....

so there is a small sampling of some whacked out songs.....do you have any???

No comments:

Post a Comment