Tuesday, July 1, 2014

What I know about the sexes...

You know that book, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"? That book has alot of stuff that is totally true about men that I didn't realize until I experienced it first hand...
1. Men hear what you say.. not what you're not saying...
For example: On Mothers Day a long time ago, Jack was a baby.. he woke up.. I thought my hubsband would just get up naturally and take care of him because it was you know... Mothers Day.... but he didn't... he got up about an hour later... to which he asked if he wanted me to do something... I said, "No.. thats ok.. go back to bed"..(translation: WOW... really???? ok... you have to ask???) but he heard... go back to bed... which he did.... because I told him to...

2. Men don't notice the same stuff we notice.... I got this great new rug from Goodwill... its 7x10.. really big... got it while he was away... he came home.. never noticed a thing....the other rug is under the dining room table.. he doesn't know... he doesn't notice...I used to be amazed by this... like, How do you not notice??? But he doesn't... and its fine...because in the end... whose it for?? Me...

3. Men don't feel the need to decorate for holidays.... I mean a Christmas tree.. sure... but beyond that... not really... Memorial Day... Easter... Halloween... they don't really care.... women have a cutesy gene that lives within us to make our environment cute....

4. Men can sleep anywhere.... I have taken a poll... men don't have insomnia like women... the men I know they can sleep on the floor, outside, in a tent.. wherever... women need luxury... we need soft curves and cushions...

5. Women like to nurture.. even if its our hubsband we're nurturing.... We will seek someone out to nurture.. a pet, a child, someone elses' child... men arent' like that... they just go with the flow... To nurture someone else needs some prodding....

6. Men give you what you need... not necessarily what you want... men think inside.. women think outside..men think something and they think everyone thinks that too... for example, if they think "Forest Gump" is a good movie... everyone should think its a good movie.. if you don't think its a good movie...theres something wrong with you.... women will try to plead their case about why they think like they do... but its ok to disagree....

Now the opinions expressed by Suzanne of course do not reflect the opinions of the pookapookapooka reader.... but mens that I know... this is how they think...

No comments:

Post a Comment