Thursday, May 7, 2015

Senioritis... First Gradeitis....Mothers Dayitis...

Hey Friends... no pics today thanks to Jack Bruce... my senior in high school who has exactly 13 days left in high school and is going to press my nerves every last one of em.... As my three readers know, Jack cannot take the bus... its beneath him... sooooooooooooooooo... what he does is wake up late and have hubs drive him to school... hubs is also my photographer, so no pics.......

I can't say I'm too much better... I have exactly 18 days left of school...... the kids in my class are going to work my nerves every one of those days.... now... my thoughts on the school year of 2014-15

....We started off this year in a new room...room 704....


I was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper excited to be in a new room because I had been in my old room for like 8 years... this room is smaller, but it at the waaaaaaaaaaaaaay end of the building so no one comes down and bothers you...
In September my next door neighbor told us she was expecting... which was nice because she had been trying for a little while... however... this would mean subs on top of subs on top of subs.....
This year was an evaluation year for me... so pretty much from October to March that was my obsession....
This year I had a class of kids that were all above the benchmark... kinda like the challenge class... I LOVED it!!!! I got to really challenge these kids, go at a faster pace, have kids that were basically all at a level where they could read.... it was great!!!! This class is really smart, really funny, and really sarcastic.... (Example: yesterday a kid told me  joke: "what snake loves desserts??? a PIEthon!!!"... So  he just said it like python and I didn't get it.. my girl Dani goes, " get it pie?? like dessert???"... I literally needed a first grader to explain the joke to me!!!)
Not that they didn't come with challenges... when you have kids that are this smart, you expect them to be mature too... they're not.... so when they do things like wrestle in line, and touch one another, and yell... I expect more than they can do at times...
I have to say, this was a GOOD YEAR!!! My hubsband was home and that was key to my happiness... having him there when I got home really was sooooo comforting.... Plus I know it comforted my son too even though hes a big bad hs senior...
This year has been challenging too... My neighbor having a baby stirred up some feelings in me about parenthood, My evaluation was a challenge, but I proved I can work hard and speak up for what I want... Having set the bar high for myself set the bar high for my class and I'm sure they weren't ready for some of the things I threw at them... but I do think they have grown and thrived in first grade... with the combination of good parents, rules, boundaries, and limitations ( I watch Cesar Milan on a loop)

Now..  next topic: Mothers Day... I just had a conversation about Mothers Day with my girls and I was all like, "Mothers Day will be all about ME... I won't have to do anything!!' Then I get an invite for Mothers Day with my family... love my family... but gotta sit this one out...   Mothers Day is about going to lunch, going shopping, and watching "Mad Men"!!!!
For my moms out there... HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment