Sunday, April 27, 2014

The views expressed in this post do not reflect the views of the pooka reader...

I hate Mother's Day.... I always have... Ever since I was 9 and handed in a bunch of Campbell soup labels to get my mom a land o'lakes recipe box for mothers day.... I was so proud of it... But who really bought it? She did.... I will break down my disdain for Mother's Day
1." But I just really live my mom and want to celebrate her" .... Do you have to wait until Mother's Day??? We celebrate our mom every time we confide in her, ask her advice, ask how her day was, share a joke with her, you don't have to wait until Mother's Day
2. " my mom is old and may not have many more Mother's Days left".... Do we need to cart out the elderly to an overcrowded restaurant for brunch?! If your mom is old/sick.... Please spend more time with her than an artificial holiday....
3. " it's my first Mother's Day!!" Mother's Day was the day you gave birth... Everyone should have gathered around you and loved all over you... Sleep in and make dad bond with your new baby as a gift...
4. " but my husband really loves to make a big deal on Mother's Day".... Really???? I think he's just biding his time until Father's Day when he can do whatever he wants....

Now I realize this is an unpopular opinion.... But it's like a 6 year old is supposed to what?! Get a job to get a gift??? No... He's supposed to make a card at where? School??? Well good luck with that when map testing is a high priority... Don't bet there's time to honor mom....  Now don't get me wrong.... I love moms I love women.... I just hate the pressure of trying to make someone feel special or the pressure of someone trying to make me feel special....  Let me get a pedicure and go to Ross and it's a very happy Mother's Day......

No comments:

Post a Comment