Monday, April 6, 2015

Mad Men Recap


It is TIME!!!! Time for our final 7 episodes of "Mad Men"... BREATHE!!! WE can do this... we can say goodbye... we can live w/o Don Draper... its ok... (sniff!) Theres always Netflix.... (sob) I can live without the nostalgia that Mad Men provides... I'm good with the final 7 now 6 episodes... I'm not in turmoil at all.... (SOB!!!! WHY MAD MEN?????? WHY??????)
ok... onward.... now... we are all good at our ad agency... All the partners are good.. everyone is back at work... no more humble Don Draper.. those days are gone.... Don's swagger is back... and now he doesn't even have to hide anything... we're back to napping at work, drinking, smoking... all is good...and we start as with every new season s l o w l y......... Matt Weiner likes to dip our big toe in and  just give us the feel of the 70's.... now.. what year are we in?? The TV showed a speech given by President Nixon dated April 30, 1970.. so that is the jumping off point... I have to admit... I wasnt' moved that hard by last night's episode... I think its just like a "heres where we are" so heres where we are...
1. Peggy is not in the partner circle and clearly hostile toward Joan   Joan gets ogled and outright harassed by their pantyhose client Topaz and Peggy is less than sympathetic... she answers by saying, "You're a millionare, you can do whatever you want!".. then Peggy goes on a date where her date is trying to sleep with her... now.. is Peggy a slut? is Peggy a prude? Is Peggy just sowing her oats??? who knows!!! I NEVER know what  Peggy message is!!!!
2. Don is alone, divorced from the hideous Megan... and is clearly.... itching.... for something.. someone... hes restless... He has against wall sex with a random diner waitress that is one of the Don Draper moments that I didn't really get...
A lot of time was spent  on Ken Cosgrove... and no offense... but I was like, "why???" Who cares about Ken Cosgrove!!!
I would have rather seen Betty, Sally, Pete, even Bob Benson....
So recap... We are in 1970.... Don is single, restless... Joan, Roger,Pete, Don, and Bob are all millionares,
Not a big deal... but Rachel Katz from Menken's Departement Store back in season one... shes dead.. died of leukemia... I dont'  see that as a big deal.. but who knows...

So watch the episode and tell me what you thought... I looked at it as a jumping off point more than a  deep episode... what did you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment