Monday, April 8, 2013

Mad (Men) as hell!!



Sorry about that pun.. its the only thing I could think of with "Mad" in it...
onward... y'all know I have been talking about Mad Men for about a month now and I watched the whole season premiere this morning... thoughts...
(Yes.. another list....)
1. ok.. now we all know Jon Hamm is hella  good looking and is getting better as he gets older..  I don't know if  y'all are familiar with the "hammaconda"...(look  in the crotchial region and you'll see it and if you don't.. google hammaconda.. you'll see it..) but this man is handsome, funny, and well endowed!!! in the premeire he even looked good vomiting...how can one man have sooooooo much??? this was clearly stated by his dr. neighbor who said, " I was hoping that head was empty".. its not....

2. Not nearly enough Joan... I mean a little Joan goes a looooong way.. as do her boobs.. but not nearly enough...

3. The wardrobe/hair  is impeccable... y'all aren't as old as me... but I watched shows when I was little, "The Monkees","Brady Bunch", "Courtship of Eddie's Father", "That Girl".. the wardrobe, hair puts me right back... I was born in 1970 and I think we are about 1973 in the premiere...
4. the addition of Linda Cardellini... aka.. Thelma... aka  Sam on ER.... I like Linda Cardellini... so shes a welcome addition...
5. Megan....uuughghghh.... Ever since her Zoobizoobie zu...  I have and inherent loathing for her.. I admire the actress for singing such a queer song to Don Draper... but Megan... ughghgh... thats all I can say.,.

6. Sally... on the opposite end of the spectrum.. I have always had an inherent love for Sally... theres something terrible and wonderful about her all at the same time... shes growing up in such a delicate time... I just want her to get through it unscathed... normal....although I am not entirely sure she didn'
t get groped by the grandfather...I mean he did have at least dimensia and he was mistaking everyone female for his wife....
7. Betty... I know this is a controversial stand... but I LOVE Betty!!! I think shes the ONLY one who knows the REAL Dick Whitman... she sees through him... noone else can... she saw him for the pretty image he represents and not the real man she needed to replace her father don't know why they are keeping her so fat this season....plus... her journey into the unexplored is getting boring.. she keeps like looking through the looking glass like Alice in Wonderland only to discover her life is still unfulfilled.... she needs a REAL storyline.. not just these trips into the unknown....

8. I don't feel the love for Peggy that all the magazines do... everyone writes about her character like shes the only female to really have talent.. I like how they have given her more power... but theres something missing with her too.. is she a hippie? is she liberal? is she Don jr? what is she supposed to be? A women's libber? the next Hilary Clinton? What???

9. WHO WAS THAT GIRL WITH SALLY??? I was soooooooooo confused... and why was Betty so sad about her leaving???

10. Roger.... Roger Roger Roger.... I love his analysis.... this is going to get gooooood.........

No comments:

Post a Comment